The Insurance Policy requires that anytime a loss occurs or if an insured becomes aware of anything that indicates there might be a claim on the policy, the insured must:
- Promptly give us or your agent notice (in writing if requested).
- Notify the police when the act causing the loss is also a violation of law.
- Notify the credit card company, if the loss involves credit cards.
Community Mutual will investigate, adjust and pay all valid, insured claims as quickly as reasonably possible. Our staff and Independent Adjuster force has been instructed to contact the insured, claimant or attorney within a 24 hour period to ascertain the facts of the loss and schedule an appointment. Our mission is to access damages, determine coverage and reimburse the insured as quickly as reasonably possible abiding by the terms and conditions of the policy. We will also advise the insured of non-covered damages and vigorously pursue fraudulently reported claims as required by Regulation.
In the event of a loss, Policyholders should:
- Contact the Police and/or Fire Department immediately for assistance and to file a report.
- Contact your Agent as soon as possible (within 24 hours if possible) to file a claim report. In the event that your Agent is not available, you may contact the company directly.
The Company may be reached by Phone or Fax: Monday through Thursday (8:00 AM – 4:30 PM) and Friday (8:00 AM – 3:00 PM).
Toll Free: 1-800-758-4545
Fax: 518-477-8192Emergency after-hours claims may be reported by calling our Claims Service line at 1-877-302-0203.
- Take all reasonable steps to protect covered property at and after an insured loss to avoid further damage.
Any person who knowingly and with intent to defraud any insurance company or other person files an application for insurance or statement of claim containing any materially false information, or conceals for the purpose of misleading information concerning any fact material thereto, commits a fraudulent insurance act, which is a crime, and shall also be subject to a civil penalty not to exceed five thousand dollars and the stated value of the claim for each such violation.